And who says crime doesn’t pay?
Nintendo is teaming up with HackerOne group to find security vulnerabilities in the 3DS. The cash rewards range from $100 to $20,000 dollars, awarded to who finds the openings.
Some examples of activities Nintendo is using these bounties to stop are:
- Piracy, including:
- Game application dumping
- Copied game application execution
- Cheating, including:
- Game application modification
- Save data modification
- Dissemination of inappropriate content to children
The vulnerabilities their interested in include:
- System vulnerabilities regarding the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems
- Vulnerabilities regarding Nintendo-published applications for the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems
- Hardware vulnerabilities regarding the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems
- Low-cost cloning
- Security key detection via information leaks
If you’re a hackers or modders who is looking to get some cash, submit a report here to HackerOne.